Year 3 – Bramley
Summer Overview 2013
- Space and Adventure Stories
- Play scripts
- ‘Language Play’ Poetry
Counting, calculating, partitioning, securing number facts, understanding shape, data handling and measures.
Topic – Our two topic themes this term are:
- Rise of the Robots and Adventures into Space
- Euro Explorers
These themes will encompass all of our science, history, geography, art and design technology. These lessons are planned alongside year four and some of the activities will be undertaken as a split with year four.
First half term:
- Light and Dark/shadows
Second half term:
- Rocks and soils
- Electrical robots or spaceships
- Sewing/fabric design bags
- Guitar and Choir with Mrs Cooper
- History of space
- Space travel/explorers
- Studying climate, cultures, clothing and travel
- ICT skills will be taken with Miss Spratt once a week on a Wednesday.
- Cross Country
- Striking and fielding games
Oral skills working on:
- Continual revision on greetings
- Body parts
Our Library day is every Monday. Please ensure library books are back every week, so that the children can scan their books in and out of the library.
Reading books should come back to school every day (even if they have not been read). If the book has been read, please ensure that you sign where your child has read up to and make a general comment.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to book an appointment to see me either through the office or with myself.